Mix2Vial Instructions for Use
Before handling the components, wash your hands with soap and hot water.
Place the package on a clean, flat surface.
Remove the Flip-Off® buttons from the sterile water and drug product vials.
Disinfect the injection sites with an alcohol swab.
- Remove the top of the Mix2Vial package.
- Do not remove the device from the package.
- Seat the blue end of the device on the water vial, pushing down until the spike penetrates the rubber stopper and the device snaps in place.
- Remove the plastic package and discard it. Take care not to touch the exposed end of the device.
- Turn the water vial upside down and insert the clear end into the powdered drug vial, pushing down until the spike penetrates the rubber stopper and the device snaps in place.
- The water will automatically flow into the drug vial.
- Gently swirl the vial to make sure the product is thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the water vial by turning it counterclockwise.
- Pull back on the syringe plunger and insert it into the luer lock by turning it clockwise.
- Push down on the plunger to pressurize the vial.
- Turn the drug vial upside down and withdraw the solution into the syringe.
- Remove the syringe by turning the barrel counterclockwise.
- The drug is now ready for administration.
- Follow normal safety practices to administer the drug.
Flip-Off® is a registered trademark of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.