- Mean half-life: 30.3 hours
- Adjusted mean incremental recovery*: 2.08 IU/dl per IU/kg
*Based on the peak increment in the first hour post dose.
COAGADEX is available in 250 IU or 500 IU range single-use vials that include a Mix2Vial™ for reconstitution
Dose and duration of the treatment depend on the severity of the factor X deficiency, location and extent of the bleeding, and on the patient’s clinical condition.
factor X rise
(IU/dL or % of normal)
- For treatment of bleeding episodes, infuse 25 IU/kg COAGADEX when the first sign of bleeding occurs
- Repeat every 24 hours until the bleed stops
- Pre-surgery: Calculate the dose of COAGADEX needed to raise plasma factor X levels to 70-90 IU/dL
- Post-surgery: Dose as necessary to maintain plasma factor X levels at a minimum of 50 IU/dL until the patient is no longer at risk of bleeding due to surgery
- It is recommended that post-infusion factor X levels are measured for each patient before and after surgery to ensure that hemostatic levels are obtained and maintained
Perioperative management of bleeding in major surgery in patients with moderate and severe hereditary factor X deficiency has not been studied.
Mix2Vial is a trademark of West Pharmaceuticals Services.
Reference: COAGADEX® (Coagulation Factor X, Human) Prescribing Information. Durham, NC: BPL Limited. 2015.